About Me

My photo
An outgoing, outspoken, culinary chap who craves to know more!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Long time, no blogging

Sitting here on my 4.5hr flight from Detroit to San Francisco, I am afforded plenty of time to think. I have my iPod blaring Danny Elfman's Batman film score. To my right I have a glass of Dewars and ginger ale. The usual B.S. of the work week has finally subsided. I definitely am in my element for some deep thinking.

And what do I start mulling over? How I haven't blogged since June! There are a couple reasons why. First, my summer was primarily spent in Michigan bumming between cottages. Second, I haven't been on any exciting trips of late. There was a business trip to Minneapolis that was on the heals of that office being shut down (thus necessitating transition meeting. And last weekend I went to Richmond to watch my cousin Kevin play football (he plays for the University of Richmond). That weekend was certainly fun! Perhaps I will blog about that down below. Regardless, given the time-frame of the trip, and my current technological situation, I didn't write anything while I was there.

Speaking of technological situation, I currently am blogging on my Mom's MacBook Air. This thing is the perfect travel blogger's computer. Thin, light, and sports a full keyboard unlike an iPad. I currently am lining one up for Christmas, so future trips should be more blogging friendly!

Third, my booking has been very mundane as of late. Since July, I have been on Medical Weight Loss doing their program. I have to admit that it is super simple to do, but not convenient and definitely not gourmet. All my meals have to be prepared from fresh ingredients (no frozen or canned food), which means I am constantly cooking. Having said that, I cannot cook with oil or salt, making food not gourmet and at times extremely bland. Hence, not much cooking-wise to blog about. I have seen success though, which is what keeps me motivated to continue it.


And finally, work has been brutal these past few weeks. ALCO cycles always seem to run into each other, while reports get extended to incorporate "newer information." About all that does is push it into another deadline, meaning I have no downtime to tweak or improve my work. It's just churn-and-burn, and I hate it.


All this will change though, given the long holiday. I have Mom's computer, and the next few nights promise to be filled with great food and wine, yet mundane after that. This is just perfect, as I can eat and drink well, and then relax with a book or my blog. So expect some good stuff from San Francisco and Sonoma.


One thing I would like to do is give a shout out to my friend Ashley for an idea she gave me: eat something extremely exotic. We are going to a dim sum restaurant tomorrow for lunch, so hopefully I can make you proud!


So on that note, stay tuned for the upcoming installments of the Bart Family Thanksgiving Wine Trip, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment