About Me

My photo
An outgoing, outspoken, culinary chap who craves to know more!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Four years is far too long!

It has been something like four years, since the last time I figuratively blew the dust off the cover of this blog, and put my thoughts to a post. Since the last post, I have done the following:

  • Moved from Metro Detroit to Stamford Connecticut
  • Took a job with GE Capital
  • Met some of the most amazing friends from across the East Coast
  • Moved again to the Bay Area, just outside of San Francisco, CA
  • Left GE Capital and took a job with Bank of the West
  • GE Capital has since been imploded and sold off, making the career move a true stroke of luck
  • Dumped Delta for United (given their dominance at SFO) and made Platinum last year; 1K projected this year
  • Had the luxury of dining at some incredible Michelin star restaurants, including French Laundry and The Restaurant at Meadowood
  • Attended Hamilton (the musical) before it's popularity exploded

The reason for kicking this blog into gear is because, for the first time since visiting Latvia in 2006, I have a solo trip planned to Vancouver in the upcoming week. For this trip I have some incredible dinner reservations lined up, and am currently formulating a day trip to Victoria. This blog should provide a great opportunity to showcase my experiences. It will also hopefully set this blog up for more frequent updates as my fall travel schedule picks up.

So for now, stay tuned for future updates. D-7 until Vancouver!

-Bartman

No comments:

Post a Comment