About Me

My photo
An outgoing, outspoken, culinary chap who craves to know more!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Retroactive Blogging: Italy 2010, Day 1

*A little retroactive blogging here, from my trip to Tuscany this past fall. I had originally posted it onto Facebook, so I figured I would eventually transfer it to my blog. Enjoy!*


Day 1: Firenze, IT
Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 5:29pm


So I find myself sprawled out on my bed in the hotel room in Florence, all jet-lagged. My goal will be to promptly fall asleep after this update, in order to make the final adjustments to GMT -1.

The flight over went quite well. Started with mimosas during boarding, then switched to Crown and Canada Dry for dinner (food was great by the way!). Then watched Avatar and A-Team, and next thing we have arrived in Amsterdam.

Of course our connecting gate is in the opposite side of tbe airport. Luckily, after trucking it to the gate, we made it... but our luggage did not. Once arriving in Florence, it was straight to the hotel room for a nap and a shower.

Dinner tonight was at Oliviero, and was excellent. I started with the beef tartare app, then a black fruffle gnocchi for the first course, follwed by Bistek Florentine for my second. This was supported by three botles of Italian wine (1. Bhulgari - a chianti/merlot blend; 2. Chianti Classico 2007 by Isole e Olena; & 3. Chianti Classico 2007 by Camporignano). All were outstanding. The meal culminated with Grappa and Tiramisu - molta bella!

And here we are. I am full, jet-lagged, and ready for bed. Stay tuned for more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment